8.24.2006

my poem

"The Letter"




I’m writing this letter, to whom, I don’t know. But, if I give you this, then please don’t go. I’m sorry, but I’ve something to share. You’re the one who makes me care. Maybe the skies do hold something up above, because you to me He sent to love. I may not on the outside show this feeling, because long ago, my emotions were for the stealing. I built such a great defense, slowly lost my feeling sense. With each time my name you call, brick by brick you make them fall. I hope with this I do not scare, or get a lonely, frightened stare. I may not be able to say aloud, for this I am not truly proud. I only write because it’s true. I found my strength inside of you. With every touch you excite, my heart so high like a kite. Of course, that means there is a string, but I don’t mind this little thing. For it leads down to your strong hands, those strong, yet make no demands. I hope forever can be true, because I would spend it all with you. I hope you do not shy from truth, to me that is very uncouth. There is one thing I’m out to do, to tell you that, yes, I love you.


Phoenix

No comments: